Sunday, April 20, 2008

Gabi and her "special helmet"


About a month ago Gabi fell out of her bed and hit her head on the nightstand. Understandably, she was pretty upset. It seemed like she had bonked her head a lot recently so I told her jokingly, she needed a "special helmet". She of course insisted then on having a "special helmet" (why do my kids never get my jokes?) but this was all I could come up with on the spur of the moment. Well, tonight as daddy passed by her room he noticed she was standing on her bed (a big no no in our house) well she got a spanking for it. I explained to her daddy spanked her because he wanted her to learn to obey so she would be safe and not get hurt, that if she was standing on her bed she might fall and bonk her head. Well she of course said no she needed her "special helmet" I totally had forgotten about it, but she remembered.
By the way, the "special helmet" is not a towel, it is an old receiving blanket that the girls use for their baby dolls. (in case you want one too :)

No comments: